Saturday, October 18, 2008

SHANTANU MOITRA - The Melody Mile


IIPM INTERNATIONAL - NEW DELHI, GURGAON & NOIDA

SHANTANU MOITRA
The Melody Mile


The Indian music industry has come a long way since the first musical talkie Alam Ara. The industry has witnessed many legendary directors, singers, and composers from Manna Dey to Mohammed Rafi to Kishore Kumar. All of them have created a niche for themselves, and following their league is Shantanu Moitra, the man who quit his job in the corporate world to become a music director. “When I shifted to music, I wanted to bring in a new trend, new ideologies. I am very proud of Bengal, the place I come from, which gave me the inherent belief that melody is important,” says the ace music director. He started his career by composing Indipop albums which included Mann Ke Manjeere but he officially arrived with Parineeta. Ask him about competition, and the man replies, “I have a niche of my own, but any good song is my competition and any bad work that I do is my nemesis. Music is a reflection of what I want to do. I never create music keeping the audience in mind; I always create it keeping myself in mind. I believe that in a population of one billion people, there will at least be 100 more like me.”

There are no two thoughts about Shantanu’s imminent rise in the industry, and he is just as confident, “I don’t plan to propagate my growth, I plan to grow. I have the ability to walk away from what I am doing, the day I don’t feel like doing it. I did that once to my corporate life even with no job in hand. The ability to walk away from something makes one stronger.” Considering that he has a film with Raju Hirani called Idiot starring Aamir Khan, and another with Vidhu Vinod Chopra starring Abhishek Bachchan, guess the chances of Moitra walking away from Bollywood are scant!

For more articles, Click on IIPM Article.

Source : IIPM Editorial, 2008

An Initiative of IIPM, Malay Chaudhuri and Arindam chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist).

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
IIPM - Admission Procedure
IIPM, GURGAON
IIPM : EXECUTIVE EDUCATION
IIPM’s 36th Glorious Year of Academic Excellence
IIPM Ranked No. 1 B-School In Global Exposre - Zee...
4Ps Power Brand Awards 2007
When IIPM comes to education, never compromise
IIPM is A World of Career
Why Study Abroad When IIPM Gives You 3 global Advantages!
IIPM Ranked No. 1 B-School In Global Exposre - Zee...


No comments: