Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Sikhism is nothing but spiritualism


IIPM MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE

Those who have tasted the kara parshad know what I mean. In fact, I would stand in the line twice over to get a double helping! Sikhism does not state “My God is the only God”, but that all Gods are the same higher being, known by different names. In fact, the Guru Granth Sahib reinforces that all humans are equal and that all religions preach simply a way of life that leads to Him. It even has many quotations from other scriptures like the Quran and the Bible. I think that Sikhism is nothing but spiritualism. I hope Sikhism remains free from the clutches of undamentalists (who exist in every religion), who misinterpret the scriptures and try and dictate to others how a religion should be followed and in the process lose its very essence.

I am very fortunate to be born into a Sikh family that has taught me that the most important religion in the world is Humanitarianism. Wishing you all a Happy Baisakhi.

For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2007

An
IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

No comments: